Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Letairis

Yesterday I told you about the new drug Letairis. It is so expensive that my first co-payment is $3,377.80. No, I am not kidding...Because of my other drugs, I am in the donut hole of my RX coverage but I will reach my cap and my coverage turns to catastrophic and I only pay about $233 for Letairis per month after that until the first of the year when I have to reach my cap again. There are only 8 pharmacies that carry this drug and I was called by one of them on Monday to set up the program. I was refereed to a company called Caring Voice that helps people like me with their co-payments. They are located in Pennsylvania while I am located in California. Anyway, they are writing a grant that will probably cover most if not all of my costs for this drug. Imagine that, a grant that I don’t have to pay back from some folks who don’t even know me. Just when I was just happy that Kaiser will pay a big chunk of this drug that costs $35,000 to $45,000 per year. I should know in the next week if the grant goes through. Yes, George, it is a wonderful life!

1 comment:

Jacey said...

Well, I hate the movie "It's A Wonderful Life" but I am glad to hear the good news about the drug. Sometimes good things happen to good people. If Proposition 8 doesn't pass, then between that and this, my faith in humanity maybe restored!