Sunday, January 11, 2009

January Blues

The holidays are over and my Christmas things are almost all put away. Wendy and the Kids have been here since Thursday night. The kids stayed with us Friday and Wendy ended up leaving work early, sick. I took my friend Shirley to get her hair done, go to the bank and the store late Friday afternoon. I usually take her once a week since she can not drive anymore. I ended up not feeling well on Sat. and missed going to my niece Jenny’s for craft day and also seeing my niece Lisa Sat. night at my sister’s. Wendy and the kids left tonight, Sunday. I was supposed to go get Kevin to stay two nights but we decided to wait until tomorrow. He is watching the King’s game and I kind of like the peace and quiet right now. I love the fact that the kids come and stay with us once or twice a week. They really help us and we enjoy their company. Kim is picking up our laundry tomorrow. She doesn’t know what she is in for. We have only been doing what we need to do so there is a big pile that needs to be done. She is so great to do our laundry for us. We have laundry facilities here but it cost six quarters to wash and six to dry. So I have to stock up on quarters. Then I have to go back and forth 6 times to wash and dry one load. It may not seem like much, but as you know, breathing and walking are not compatible for me and I have to stop to rest a couple of those times. Wendy and Kevin do a lot of washing for us but I have to make sure I have the quarters on hand. So I am appreciative that Kim doesn’t mind doing laundry for us. And lots of times, we get a free meal out of it too if we take the laundry over to her house. I have to find things to be happy about in January. January is a horrible month for me. I hate the cold weather, the holidays are over and I get depressed. I can’t wait til spring!

1 comment:

Jacey said...

I also have to stay positive in January, as January has been a bad luck month for me. As you know, Papa passed away in January, as did my Grandpa, David Mumford, and Susie. Every year I swear I am going to stay in bed in January with the covers up over my head. But so far, kinda so good, except for a medical inconvenience.

We missed you at craft day!