Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Loved

If what had happened to me last week had happened to Brian, I would have been furious. I would have made sure that the correct things were done as needed. But I found out, when it comes to me, I am not vocal enough...thank heaven’s for Kim and Wayne. Kim got mad for me and did everything she could to help me to get the care I needed. I think everyone needs an advocate. I am Brian’s, and Kim and Wayne are both of our advocates. Kim and Wayne spent a lot of time this summer learning all they could about our healthcare, giving us much needed support and learning how to take over my remodulin and cath treatment should it be necessary. My sister, Linda, sat and learned about my remodulin and cath treatment too. Kim kept me in candy bars and Linda kept me in chocolate milkshakes during my ICU stay. Kevin took care of Brian each day while Kim and Wayne worked, since he works nights. The visits, calls and support I got from family and friends are so appreciated. You love me, You really love me! (Sally Field winning an oscar for Norma Rae). I am sorry nothing bad has happened to you so that you could find out how much you are loved by your family and friends. I guess I am the lucky one, in so many ways!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Hey Dee Dee! Glad this episode is behind you. Sorry I have not kept up on your blog lately. I would love for you to add me to email alerts for new entries. That way I would know every time you write something new. Anyway, hang in there! Sounds like your spirits are in the right place. You are a joy to all your friends and family!