Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas trees

Kevin spent the night Monday night. He pulled out most of our Christmas stuff so we could start decorating. When we owned our two-story house, I decorated big time for Christmas after cleaning up the Halloween stuff. Kevin and I put tons of lights on the outside and the roof of the house. Thanksgiving night we turned it all on and it was (we thought) beautiful and festive! I did different things to the inside of the house. One year, I put a big tree in the living room, a tree upstairs in Kevin’s room and a tree on the roof. Looking through the windows from the outside, it looked like one tree went through the whole house. We always had lots of decorations and Kevin and Wendy would help decorate. Kevin was more into decorating though and wanted things in the same place as they had been the previous year. (He still does not like change). We had a Christmas tree in every major room. Kevin and Wendy had smaller Christmas trees in each of their rooms and the lights acted as night lights for them. They decorated their trees with their own ornaments. Kevin always went for lots of tinsel and bling. That is not his style now. Wendy’s style of decorating was more romantic, a style that she continues to this day. So now we have bins and boxes all over and Kevin will be back on Monday to help set up the tree..

3 comments:

Jacey said...

I went back and forth about wanting to have our tree up for the housewarming party, but I decided not to so people could see the house as it normally is - since the house is the whole point of the party. I want to get my tree up right away afterwards, though, because it always makes me happy to see a brightly lit Christmas tree.

Jacey said...

I just noticed that your had written this blog only 10 minutes before I commented on it. Look how quick I am!

Brian said...

One tree throught the whole house?! What a grand illusion! I hope there are pictures!