Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!
We hope you all had a very merry Christmas! We had such a nice time! Kim made Christmas Eve dinner for a bunch of us and it was so delicious. We relaxed and visited with each other. We spent Christmas night at Kim and Wayne’s home. We all used to spend the night at Nana and Papa’s until they passed away in 1994. I picked up Kevin after work about midnight and he spent the night too. Wendy and the kids had been over for dinner but were spending the night at home. Joshua took home cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer. I told him that the reindeer also love broccoli but that Santa frowned on feeding it to them. It makes them fart and Santa has to sit behind them....Joshua thought that was pretty funny. Cliff and Jenny spent the night too and we all had fun opening presents in the morning. Kim provides all kinds of breakfast drinks and fixings and is just a warm, fuzzy morning. We take our time opening presents one by one. I really enjoyed Cliff and Kevin. Kevin loves Cliff and they get along so well. Cliff just fits into the family like he was meant to be with us. In the afternoon we went to Linda and Bill’s house to share Christmas with my side of the family and have Christmas day dinner. Linda cooked another huge meal and it was delicious. Sue and her family were there, Thomas was back from Russia, Robert was there with Caleb and Wendy and the kids were there. Larry and Heidi and Karen were there too. I painted and framed a 16x20 deer picture for Larry and he loved it. I liked it so much I wanted to keep it for myself. Brian did great with all the festivities but tired easily. With both of our disease processes we sleep about 12 hours and now Brian is finding he needs a nap as well. Our home is a mess with presents and boxes here and there. I don’t like to put them away right away because I like to look at them and enjoy the memories. Wendy was over today and said she was already taking down her decorations. I like to wait until after New Year’s. Christmas isn’t just a day, it is a season and I am not ready to end it yet!

1 comment:

Jacey said...

I had a great time at Christmas too! I am planning to write a blog about...just need to get to it. I took down my tree today. I had free time and so thought it would be better then wasting the day and then having to take down the tree when I'm more busy. I already miss it, though. Too bad we can't have trees year round and just change the decorations. The same goes for outdoor lights. My neighborhood still has them up and lit and it is so pretty.