Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Grateful

There are so many things to be grateful for this time of year, all year in fact. I am grateful for the warmth of our cottage apartment, especially when it is so freezing outside. Being cold is so painful for me. I lose the circulation in my hands and feet and they turn blue and white. This is from Raynaud’s. It takes a while to get them warm and it is painful when the circulation returns. I know our home is hot to everyone else but it feels so good to me. Luckily, I just got on a discount rate from Smud for having to use oxygen and for scleroderma. Even then, I don’t think my bill will be cheap. But it’s only for a few months and then the sun will shine again.
Kevin spent Monday night with us and I made him and Brian brownies with homemade chocolate icing. They acted like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am so grateful for the time we share with Kevin and Wendy and the kids. Sat. night was our Disney Christmas party and Wendy and the kids were there. Sunday, I treated Kim and I to the Singing Christmas Tree for her birthday and Kevin, Wendy and the kids went too. It is easy to just run through life, hurrying from one thing to another. Brian and I know that we can not take a single day for granted. Each moment is so precious to us and we try to enjoy each and every minute. I made Brian meatloaf for dinner, his favorite meal. He enjoyed it so much. Just a small thing as this is so fulfilling. I am so grateful that I can do little things like this to make him happy. Doing for others, from our hearts, has to be one of the greatest gifts we have as humans. That and the capacity to love. Together, I feel so good!

1 comment:

Jacey said...

I know what you mean. I am so grateful for not having to go to the "Singing Christmas Tree"!